Paris March 2005

Paris in March. Not the idyllic image often thought of by the romantic traveler. Nevertheless, the cold March weather brought an unusual dazzling snow that blanketed the City of Lights. I was actually not a part of this trip. Wayne traveled to Paris with Joanna and Philip, his sister and brother, over his spring break. Tickets were seized at a bargain $330 and the trip was planned with the help and input of Joanna and Philip.
The troupe planned a weeks' vacation. They wanted to do the trip extremely cheap - and succeeded. They found a campground in the Bois de Bologne park and rented a small trailer (read: ugly shack) that worked well for sleeping and a little cooking.
Joanna and Philip seemed to love the trip. Joanna learned many French phrases, while Philip got by using "Voudrais....[pointing]...that" (I want... That!) They did most of the normal sightseeing, including going to Versailles and attending an opera.
Sadly I was not in attendance on this trip (Jobs are so overrated...). But the trip was very successful and I enjoyed looking at pictures of my husband, without me, in the worlds most romantic city.

No comments:

Post a Comment